Monday, September 18, 2006

Saturday Lightning 1 of 3

Sorry for the repetition of the lightning photographs, but I just took these and wanted to put them on the blog.

We had a storm go by us to the north of our home this weekend and I stepped out on our balcony to take a few pictures. It was one of those storms where there is a lot of lightning, but hardly any thunder. I saw lightning bolt after lightning bolt, but hardly heard any thunder. It seemed like it was really close too. Amazing!

I used my Canon 50mm prime lens, with the aperature set at 1.8, for most of the photos. Then I switched to my Sigma 18-125mm zoom lens and tried a few wide angle shots and a few zoom shots. They didn't turn out very good. It's suprising the difference between 1.8f & 3.5f. The amount of light gathered by the faster lens (Canon 50mm 1.8f) is amazing. Plus the improved image quality is noticeable between the prime & zoom lens.

I have a lot of fun taking lightning photographs. It's awesome, to me, to capture such an intense creation of God, that happens in a moment.

Joel

Click on the photographs for a larger view.



1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow these came out good!